1948: Polski Związek Głuchych (PZG) Board of the Polish Association of the Deaf
In the second half of the nineteenth century, a social movement of the deaf began in Poland. After the war, in 1946, activists of the Polish Association of Deaf Societies established one nationwide organization called the Polish Association of the Deaf and Their Friends. Since 1955, it has been operating under the name of the Polish Association of the Deaf.
The Polish Association of the Deaf, established on August 25, 1946 at the Congress of Delegates of Deaf Associations in Łódź, continues the ideas and tasks implemented by regional deaf associations and the Polish Association of Deaf Societies that existed in Poland before World War II. The aim of the Polish Association of the Deaf is to associate deaf people and other people with hearing impairments to provide them with help in all life matters, to maintain the identity of the deaf communitySource: http://www.pzg.org.pl